We are a non-profit, research and advocacy organization which is pioneering the justiciability of the right to health. Founded in 2010, Center for Health, Human Rights and Development (CEHURD) has moved from the margins to the centre stage of advancing social justice and health rights in health systems in Uganda, East African Region, Pan-African and Globally.
We contribute to deconstructing health and human rights and use the law, policy engagements, evidence-based advocacy and mobilizing communities as the major entry points that informs our interventions at national level and in 10 districts of Uganda. We have ground-breaking strategic litigation cases that have informed jurisprudence and defined greater rights for our target constituencies. While also being actively engaged at the East African, Pan African and International human rights mechanisms, processes and movements.
Our Vision: A society in which social justice and human rights in health systems is realised.
To advance health rights of vulnerable communities through litigation, advocacy and research.
The Overall Goal of CEHURD is “Enjoyment and Observance of Health and Human Rights by All”.
CEHURD Institutional Objectives
1. To build local, national and regional awareness and institutionalize and mainstream health and human rights.
2. To promote equitable access to health services and goods.
3. To address the underlying determinants to the right to health.
4. To maintain a strong, vibrant and sustainable Centre of Excellence on Health and Human Rights in Uganda, Africa and Internationally.
The core target constituency that we support includes:
1. Women and Girls
2. Children and youth
3. Sexual Minorities
4. Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)
5. Ethnic Minorities
6. People Living with HIV/AIDS and TB (PLHIV/TB)
7. The Elderly
8. Survivors of Violence, Torture and Conflict
Please contact email@example.com to report outdated information or to ask a question about this profile.