CODEC is an inheritor of DANIDA Bangladesh derived from couple of project intervention explicitly DANIDA Boat Building Project and Boat Rental Scheme. CODEC has been working as a people centered development organization since 1985. CODEC has been growing and evolving into efficient and effective non-governmental development organization in the coastal area of Bangladesh. From the beginning of its development intervention CODEC started its activities only with the fisherfolk communities but over the period CODEC now extended its working area with other disadvantaged coastal communities along with the fisherfolk communities in coast.
As a organization committed to development, CODEC takes the pride in being the pioneer in representing the coastal and riverine community in general and fishing community in particular. Their woes and well-being are in the center of CODEC’s thinking, sources of its aspirations and basis for existence.
CODEC dreams of coastal and reverine communities that earns, enjoys and shares the pride of Bangladesh in becoming a middle-income country by 2021.
CODEC sees its existence for a coastal communities, in which people individually or collectively embrace new and differentiated forms of institutions, utilize their resources for safe and sustained livelihood and become rights-demanding citizens in a climate change affected physical, social and economic setting.
In its interactions with all stakeholders, particularly the coastal and riverine folk, CODEC promises to practice the following values as a matter of organizational culture:
• Concerns and commitment to promote equity and social justice irrespective of gender, age, religion, culture, disability, social status, minority and ethnic affiliation.
• Honesty, sincerity and integrity of character at all levels of organization are the most vital requirements of all personnel of CODEC.
• Learning from mistakes, learning by doing and learning from experiences are the three guiding principles for organizational learning of CODEC.
• Promotion of men-women relations on equal term and respect for all irrespective of caste, creed and gender is the basis for our operational and programming principle.
• Good governance processes such as participation of all concerns in the decision-making, accountability and transparency are the corner stone of our program operation and management.
• Respect views, opinions, wisdom and criticism for achieving organizational excellence.
• Professionalism, creativity and innovativeness are the key elements of the Human Resource Development.
• CODEC staff members will not solicit or receive directly or indirectly any gift or other favor that may influence impartiality of CODEC function, performance of duty or judgment.
• CODEC personnel will not be involved in marketing and use of products harmful for health and environment.
Please contact [email protected] to report outdated information or to ask a question about this profile.