COVID-19: We've created a new online space for grassroots justice groups to discuss how to adapt and respond to the pandemic. Explore it here.
Justice without Frontiers (JWF) is a secular, nonpolitical, nonprofit, nongovernmental, juristic civil organization, incorporated in November 2005 and headquartered in Beirut. Its role is to develop and promote democratic reform and rule of law, and undertake legal and social projects that support human rights. Justice without Frontiers attracts volunteers, professionals, and passionate individuals who believe in human right principles and are dedicated to work towards prosecuting violators and supporting victims who have no access to justice, at the national, regional, or international levels.
Human rights are violated on daily basis, in all parts of the world, within society, conflict zones, jobs, or domestic households. Violations are caused by torture, abuse, or any other means that harm women, men, or children.
Our mission is to support those victims who have no access to justice, are not aware of their full human rights, do not possess the means to recourse to private law firms and lawyers , or suffer from a society where law practice lacks good skills, training, or freedom to execute the justice functions. In addition to that, our mission extends to promote and improve justice awareness and promulgate judicial laws and legislations and urgent governments to ratify the international conventions and spread out ending impunity education.
Justice without Frontiers (JWF) envisions a just society where all its citizens have equal rights to access Justice and all crimes will be prosecuted. As JWF, envisions being a reliable source for providing support to victims of human rights violation on the national, regional and international level.
· Disseminating widespread and raising awareness and knowledge regarding Human Rights and International Justice Culture by Conducting specialized training programs, conferences and seminars on the national regional and international level.
· Providing free legal consultations and free legal support for victims of violence, torture, abuse, sexual exploitation; and prosecute violators at the national, regional, and international levels.
· Enhancing the role of the International Criminal Tribunals, and urging Lebanon and Arab countries to access the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and to promulgate of appropriate legislation conforming to the Court’s statute and relevant international conventions and agreements.
· Monitoring and exposing human right violations in all their aspects.
· Monitoring trials and their procedures’ conformance and adherence to international and regional standards of Human Rights and principles of just trials.
· Amending and elaborating laws in conformance with international treaties and conventions.
· Conducting specialized researches and studies and preparing reports regarding human rights violations and the extent of countries’ commitment to relevant international standards.
· Cooperating with national, regional, and international alliances and coalitions who work on defending human rights.
JWF aims to achieve its objectives through the following methods:
·Prosecute human right violators in national, regional, and international courts
·Provide legal assistance and legal representation to victims of violence, torture, and abuse and represent them in national, regional, and international courts
·Monitor trials and their conformance to international and regional standards of human rights and principles of just trials
·Urge Lebanon to ratify the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and the promulgation of appropriate legislation conforming to the Court’s statute and relevant international conventions and agreements
·Prepare reports regarding human right violations and the extent of countries’ commitment to relevant international standards
·Prepare legal and social studies as well as conduct necessary investigations
·Conduct training programs, conferences and seminars to raise awareness and spread the culture of democracy and the rule of law
·Cooperate with national, regional, and international alliances and coalitions who work on defending human rights
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report outdated information or to ask a question about this profile.