Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, China, Georgia, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Yemen
Focus: Citizenship & Identification, Criminal Justice, Gender-based violence, Governance, Accountability & Transparency, Peace-building & Transitional Justice, Traditional / Customary Justice
Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We believe that to achieve long-term peace people must play an active role in preventing conflict and building peace. People must have access to fair and effective paths to address the grievances and inequalities that drive conflict, and people with influence should exercise their power to promote just and equitable societies.
- We put people at the centre of our work, particularly those affected by conflict and insecurity
- We promote and support inclusive and cooperative approaches to decision-making
- We understand that everything we do can have positive or negative effects on conflict dynamics and gender relationships, and being sensitive to this is central to our work
- We are a learning organisation, striving to learn from each other, staff, partners and communities
- We are accountable to the communities and partners we work with, and to the donors and public who support our work.