Society for Human Rights Activist (SOHURA) is a fully fledged structured and registered national non-profit organization. It is registered with the national NGO registration Bureau under the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Republic of Uganda registration number S. 5914/7470. SOHURA was founded in 2008 to respond to the post war challenges, with primary focus on four themes including (i) Human rights and access to justice (ii) Sexual and Gender based violence (SGBV) (iii) Violence against children (iv) Economic empowerment and livelihood security (v) HIV/AIDS Prevention and Responses (vi) Education and Psychosocial Support Programme.
Overall vision of the organization:
A free society from Human Rights Abuses, ignorance, poverty, preventable and curable diseases.
To bring about a society where attitudes of violence and practices of violence against women and children, poverty, preventable and curable diseases have been transformed.
“For a better world to exist, people’s overall welfare must reign supreme”
1. Peace: SOHURA seeks a non-violent means to end the protracted conflict in northern Uganda and advocates for rights of women and children and their communities.
2. Commitment to Humanity: SOHURA believes in respect, dignity, and protection of people and their rights.
3. Love: The love for children and women and the fear of God champion SOHURA
RELATED AREAS OF ACTION
1. Public education, advocacy and networking with like-minded individuals and groups, including men, youth, children and children’s advocates organising against violence.
2. Provision of counselling services.
3. Lobbying for the strengthening of relevant laws and implementation mechanisms where necessary.
GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE: GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE:
SOHURA is made up of three major organs, the General Assembly, the National Executive Committee which also doubles as the Board of Directors and the Secretariat.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report outdated information or to ask a question about this profile.