COVID-19: We've created a new online space for grassroots justice groups to discuss how to adapt and respond to the pandemic. Explore it here.
Nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century—governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
Some of the ways we are improving lives and expanding opportunities:
– Providing 48 million books to tens of thousands of schools, libraries, and universities.
– Organizing nationwide election monitoring and voter education to ensure free and fair elections and strengthen democracy in virtually every Asian country that has undergone a democratic transition over the past six decades.
– Educating more than a million migrant workers in over one thousand factories in China’s Pearl River Delta on their legal rights, safety, and personal health.
– Protecting the basic rights of women through our work to counter human trafficking, fight gender-based violence, increase political participation, and strengthen legal systems.
– Providing life-changing professional opportunities for newly emerging Asian leaders.
– Reducing the human and financial toll of natural disasters by equipping government officials, businesses, and community leaders in disaster planning and response.
– Creating jobs by improving the business climate and reducing red tape for local entrepreneurs and small businesses.
– Reducing violence through peacebuilding efforts in some of the most entrenched conflict zones in the region, including Southern Thailand, Pakistan, Mindanao, and Sri Lanka.
– Conducting ground-breaking empirical surveys to assess the quality and responsiveness of government services, patterns of corruption, and levels of violence, including the most comprehensive public opinion poll in Afghanistan.
Please contact email@example.com to report outdated information or to ask a question about this profile.