COVID-19: We've created a new online space for grassroots justice groups to discuss how to adapt and respond to the pandemic. Explore it here.
In the Indian Subcontinent since time immemorial a particular group of people has used religion as a weapon to utilize various social facilities for themselves. By using religion they set up a social classification of people which has become well known under the name of “Caste System”. The social system was and continues to be deadly for a lot of people living in the Indian subcontinent. Most of dalit and social excluded community defined as their hereditary profession. That’s why they always ruled and governed by higher caste. Social exclusion has made vulnerability and extreme poverty. To establishment rights of the dalits and disadvantaged groups a students group whose are from backward community intended a small “Dalit Students Accession.” in 1993 which was called ‘Parittran’. The meaning of this Bengali word is ‘liberation or Salvation ’.
In Bangladesh there are 10 million dalits belong to various dalits groups. Dalits have always been and still are subjected to intense socio-economic discrimination. They face discrimination in their access to basic services such as health, education, housing, government safety net programs, govt. and non govt. services and other services.
Parittran is a promise and a movement. Parittran wants to assist neglected ethnic out caste groups for their empowerment through participatory way by developing community based people’s institution.
Through this Organization those students had in mind to start a movement of the oppressed minority people towards achieving social and economical benefits, human rights and self respect
VISION Establishing a society of equality free from social, gender and class discrepancy having equal rights and opportunities for the people.
MISSION • Providing legal assistance to the women and the dalits people
• Establishing the dalits class in the local, national and international level
• Focusing the positive role of the disadvantaged groups through various media and publications
• Developing the dalits community as small scale entrepreneur through appropriate skill development training
• Awareness for the dalits & disadvantaged community on health, nutrition, family welfare and environment conservation
• Establishing equal participation of male and female towards sustainable development through joint efforts and to have organizational development in them.
• Developing social awareness and social movement against early marriage, polygamy, divorce, dowry, trafficking of women and children and violence against women.
• Assisting the dalits community so that they can become active development partners for the society.
Parittrans completed 21 year journey with diversified development field e,g human right promotion and protection, fact finding, legal aid for survivors, peoples right to access in resources, Good governance, Environment management, livelihood, gender development, health and reproductive health rights, child and adolescent development, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction, emergency relief and rehabilitation etc program with focusing the dalit and marginalized context by support of different development partners in domestic and foreign country.