Focus: Economic Empowerment, Education, Gender-based violence, Peace-building & Transitional Justice, Women's Rights
Rural Education and Economic Development Society (REED Society) is a non-profitable, non-government and humanitarian organization, registered under the Registration Act of 1860 with the government of Pakistan. REED Society is working for the integral development of the rural marginalized communities without any discrimination of race, creed, and religion in district Rahim Yar Khan since 2002 and become registered in May 2004.
Vision: Integrated human development through change in attitude with promotion of honesty and harmony.
Mission: Motivate people for self-confidence for their integral development so that they can move towards a prosperous, free, equal and civilized life.
Goal: Strengthen process that promotes education and economic development of poor rural communities and create an environment for collective change.
- Food security and the improvement of living standard of the rural community.
- Provision of education among school drop-outs/youth through functional literacy and skill development programs
- To promote and protect human rights, especially rights of minorities, women and children.
- Promotion of peace and inter-faith harmony at grassroots level involving youth, religious leaders, women and religious minorities
- To provide preventive, reproductive and curative health care services to the people, especially women and children of marginalized communities.
- To make proficient, transparent, convincing and responsible governing structures and processes where women are enthusiastically participating in local decision and policy-making
- Strengthening of society and the effective participation and integration with other organization and institutions
Essential Glance of REED-Pk Programs:
- Social Mobilization and Development
- Food Security & Livelihood Program
- Women Education & Child Development Program
- Preventive Health Education Program
- Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Risk Reduction Program